Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NASA Comet Pics

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/national/nasa-craft-snaps-pics-of-comet-in-valentine-fling

This was just an interesting article that I read about a deep space camera. This particular space craft was launched back in the 1990's and has visited the Temple 1 comet twice. I just think it is amazing that these photos were taken 210 million miles from earth and that we have the knowledge to get something within 100 miles of a rock hurdling at 24,000 mph. I have always been extremely interested in space so it was cool that this happened recently. Not only that but it happened on Valentines Day. I can't wait to see what the new generation of deep space cameras will bring. Hubble I believe will be around for at least another decade, but with the steep advancement in camera technology we may be in for some pretty spectacular photography from NASA.

No comments:

Post a Comment