Thursday, April 7, 2011

Simple Reflection Photography

http://www.slrphotographyguide.com/tips/water-reflections.shtml
Although very short, this article contains brilliant examples of reflection photography. I tried this a few times after getting my camera and couldn't get the pictures to come out exactly how I wanted. I thought that for reflections 2 pictures would have to be taken, and then overlapped on photoshop. I was wrong. It seems that I need to make my focus on the reflection while having a large enough aperture to have the entire scene in focus. The pictures I took were into the sun and on cloudy days. I took one of my dad in a puddle next to the ocean that was way too bright and one of a Great White Egret that was out of focus. With summer around the corner I'm excited to try more.

No comments:

Post a Comment