Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hi, my name is Matt Richardson. I chose this image to pick an image for this blog for a few reasons, but first I'll give you some details about it. I took this picture on my Nikon d3100, I was using a 55mm~200mm telephoto lens (160mm zoom). This was taken at the mouth of the San Francisco Bay, just up the hill from Golden Gate Bridge. This particular pic was taken with a lot of glare, so I used a high shutter speed and a medium f-stop (f9 and 1/200s shutter speed).
Now that that is out of the way, I chose this image because I like the perspective looking down the line. I took another few looking head on, from above and from below and I think this was the best. This camera was new to me and this is where I started to figure out the focusing. The other reason I chose this image was the experience I had taking it. I was with my dad on a beautiful day. This little guy was just so photogenic. I was only a few arm lengths away from him and he was looking at the camera, basically posing for me. Anyways, a lot of fun if you ever want to try it...
-Matt R.
RMC




No comments:

Post a Comment